#1421 - Manager Customs Clearance
|Industry||Automative - Motor vehicle - Parts|
|Job Title||Manager Customs Clearance|
|Job Description||Customs documents & shipping lines management :
• Controlling and monitoring all customs clearance relevant to import & export issued documents (invoice, B/L, packing list …, letters to official authorities ), responsible for all customs issues as arranged by subordinate.
• Responsible for controlling all incoming & outgoing customs documents issued by Forwarder & feedback promptly for their correction in case of mistakes.
• Control all shipping & customs documents to be handed over to QM Dept. for their register to VR Department & Homologation timely.
• Responsible for all customs documents to be handed over to FIN/ Controlling for steps of customs corresponding with customs office timely. Follow to transfer guarantee amount to customs to release the CBU from customs in time.
• Managing all incoming shipments (CKD, CBUs & Technology Project), control shipping schedule through shipping lines & cargo services, negotiating with them in different kinds of issues: cont. free time, storage charges, THC, cont. cleaning & quality, bills of lading, manifest, invoicing issues…
• Keeping up customs clearance schedule of all import - export goods & CBUs timely. Responsible for all immediate import duty to be settled timely to release the shipments from customs in the core time of production plan & requested by other department.
• Responsible for all oversea payment & handling charges for forwarder to be done in time. Ensure other oversea payments after finished customs clearance to be handed over to related department for their settling payment timely.
• Control negotiation with other departments (PUR, ENG, QM, Production…) for checking shipping documents, translation & define HS Code declaration for Fixed Assets belong to Technology Projects, ensure HS definition, negotiation & customs declaration are matched with customs requirements.
Internal job description :
• Managing all customs documents and solving financial customs matters with the Finance Dept. Coordinate in checking customs documents & import taxes regulation.
• Ensuring all customs documents & others issued by Forwarder to be checked and submitted to General Manager and/or Director for signatures correctly.
• Ensuring & controlling the transference of payments request to Finance Dept. for paying the import tax, import goods value and forwarder charges timely.
• Collaborating with Finance Dept. in import-export processes & tax issues.
• Controlling deadline immediate import duty payment status of CKD, CBU, Technology Project & all other shipments in time for releasing the shipments in the core time soonest.
• Ensuring the policies of import and export be fulfilled & applied in the company smoothly.
• Getting order plan to import & export CBUs from Planning & Sales & Product Management, collaborating & originating in import & export CBUs such as : getting certificate of conformity for imported CBUs, getting approved vehicle original declaration form, handling all necessary documents for outgoing CBUs registration.
• Following up Homologation process strictly & closed monitoring all pending items to make sure import CBU to be finished fully customs clearance before deadline to meet customs regulation& avoid possible penalty caused by over due date.
• Controlling all the documents of exported CBUs to arrange for tax reimbursement of imported CKD materials correctly.
• Monitoring and managing all incoming goods based on customs clearance schedule, production plan & warehouse capacity. Controlling forwarder service status to ensure for delivery schedule of all shipments in time.
• Controlling frequently customs processes & keep updated or revised (if any) in case of any changes in customs regulation or procedures. Responsible for checking & scanning all new customs regulation.
• Reporting to the Logistics General Manager necessary information of import-export goods & CBUs exactly & timely and communicating with other Managers on goods incoming for planning production, scheduling and storing goods. Responsible for all customs report & other report as requested by Government Authorities.
External job description :
• Monitoring and advising freight forwarder for the transport of goods from harbour & airport to factory to achieve always in time based on production plan & warehouse capacity request.
• Managing Forwarder service quality, control & solve problems that arisen in service progresses. Controlling & handling out of all necessary import & export documents to forwarder for customs clearance goods & CBUs.
• Keep good relationship to all external suppliers and authorities. Follow up with Head of Ministries (MoF, MoIT…) to keep updated new regulation & policies. Responsible for all import-export policies & customs regulation. Control complex & changes of all taxes policies & new customs regulation to make sure all customs processes in the company are in line & matched with current regulation.
• Studying and updating the import-export policies & new regulation from the authorities, registered law web-page, official gazettes & consultant company.
• Applying for the import licenses in time based on production & investment requests.
- Bachelor degree in Business (Foreign Trade) and Import-Export Administration
- Experience (type of)
- 08 years experience in import and export activities, good relationship with shipping lines, forwarder & government officials.
- Computer literacy MS Office.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English