#1717 - Purchasing Supervisor
|Company Name||TIRO' s client|
|Description||Electronics Manufacturing Company|
|Job Title||Purchasing Supervisor|
|Salary||USD 2,000 - 3,000|
|Career Level||Team Leader/Supervisor|
|Job Description||Business Strategy and Direction:
• Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
• Define, develop and implement a Materials strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
• Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Materials.
• Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Materials Manager on the execution of the strategy.
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
• Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
• Provide feedback to peers (BUM, WCM, and Functional Managers on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
• Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
• Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide feedback and support development of Supply Chain initiatives and strategies.
• Ensure Workcell’s execution to Supply Chain strategies.
• Support customer’s business needs using standard process where possible and customized solutions where necessary.
• Influence customer in order to leverage Supply Chain solutions.
• Ensure that Purchasing takes an active role in having realistic MPS loading through materials sizing process.
• Monitor and ensure materials supply meet the MRP requirements to support production. Identify and support resolve disconnects such as shortages, non-conformance, high stock, excess / obsolete materials are continuously monitored and resolved.
• Ensure that the Workcell is focused to drive down the overall cost of materials including component pricing, freight expenses, materials liability, and cost of managing materials.
• Lead the price administration process to ensure (1) data integrity, (2) accurate Standard Costs, and (3) Quoted Costs to the Customer that are competitive and maximize the amount of favorable Materials Price Variance (MPV).
• Ensure all purchase orders are placed with pricing and terms & conditions, which are negotiated and agreed to by Commodity Managers and Planner/Buyers.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Administration, or equivalent preferred.
• 05 years of experience related to Purchasing field and at least 3 years at management level.
• Knowledge of engineering/mechanics and production
• Ability to apply principles and techniques of supervision
• Ability to plan and organize activities of others
• Ability to get ideas accepted and to guide a group or individual to accomplish the task
• Ability to modify leadership style and management approach to reach goal
• Effective communications in English and Chinese.
• MS Office & other software applications related to purchasing (SAP or ERP…)
• Prefer candidates come from Asian countries.
Phuong Nguyen (ms)