#2156 - IT Manager
|Company Name||Tiro's client|
|Description||A company that provide evoucher|
|Job Title||IT Manager|
|Salary||65 - 70 mil Gross|
|Job Description||AIM OF THE JOB - State concisely the aim of the job
▪ Development and implementation of IT strategy, coherent with the Company’s strategy and in compliance with the company vision and plan.
▪ Defining the IT roadmap, technology evaluation and execution of local and global projects
DIMENSIONS - Point out the main figures / indicators to give some insight on the “volumes” managed by the position and/or the activity of the Department
▪ IT Budgeting (CapEx + OpEx) and Costs Management
▪ Business Process Improvement
▪ Application, Infrastructure and Info Security Portfolio Management
▪ Managing audits and compliance activities
▪ Managing a team of 3 persons
CONTEXT AND MAIN ISSUES – Describe what are the most difficult type of problems the jobholder has to face (internal or external to company) and/or the regulations, guidelines, practices that are to be adhered to.
▪ Ensure a high-availability, robust, scalable and secure IT Environment
▪ Ensure compliance with local regulations and Group’s internal control policies
MOST FREQUENT INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS - Quote the main contacts the jobholder has within and outside the organization and the purpose of these.
▪ All company's Departments
▪ Clients using company's BRS Platforms
▪ Merchants using company's BRS Platform / Tools
▪ IT Service Vendors
▪ Regional – IT, Operations & Service Delivery
▪ Global / Group – Technology Support Team
MAIN ASSIGNMENTS - Indicate the main activities / duties to be conducted in the job.
Responsible for development and implementation of an IT strategy, coherent with the local Business
need and Global IT recommendations, with respect to:
1. Manages team of internal and external (if applicable) resources by:
▪ Developing employees’ knowledge and skills, analyzing training-related needs; planning and executing activities like training, coaching to ensure development of the staff’s competencies;
▪ Identify the key gap in competencies and make plans to right-size the IT organization with the relevant skills / competencies.
2. Contributes to budgeting and budget management process.
Is responsible for preparing and managing the Department’s budget, through:
▪ Developing the costs-and-expenses budget;
▪ Developing the CAPEX budget, if planned for the period budgeted;
▪ Tracking and monitoring all expenses and costs items to ensure adherence to budget / forecasts.
3. Assumes co-responsibility (together with Board members) for formulation, implementation,
monitoring and development of the Company’s strategy, complying with Global strategy
▪ Leading the I.T function and assessing the entire technology needs of the local organization, based on user requirements and recommend technology, hardware and software applications.
▪ Developing and implementing a vision/plan for the development of the IT infrastructure, IT Operational processes and business applications,
▪ Monitoring the IT market and its trends with an eye to adopt new technologies to support business growth and improve efficiency.
▪ Driving and managing the Digital transformation of the organization in line with global vision.
▪ Migrate from in-house / on-premise Data Centre to 3rd Party professional cloud service provider;
4. Is responsible for ensuring the reliability, robustness, scalability, safety and continuity
of IT systems by:
▪ Ensuring high availability of all IT systems and overall infrastructure.
▪ Ensuring compliance at all times for infrastructure and application systems
▪ Define, implement a IT Strategy to support local business and in alignment of Group / Area framework / strategy
▪ Ensure a BCP has been defined in conjunction with business and DRP is tested atleast once every year and recorded.
5. Is responsible for managing/sponsoring projects in his/her domain, and manages or
contributes to implementation of inter-departmental and organization-wide projects,
through the following actions:
▪ Own, Manage and co-drive all digital transversal projects, as maybe applicable.
▪ Improve the overall Project Management standards and ensure Project Management methodologies are followed for every projects locally
▪ Work with business to quantify all business benefits and define ROI / Payback in Business Case prior to any new digital initiative.
▪ Ensure strong governance for all projects and timely update to Company Leadership / Functional Reporting / Area Team.
6. Is responsible for day-to-day communication, co-operation and co-ordination of work:
▪ within his/her own department,
▪ with other Departments, in particular, digital marketing
▪ with other parent-company departments, Regional management team
▪ Prepare and submit reports as required by the CEO and Area team
▪ Manage both internal and external audit process related to IT department
▪ Prepare standard operating procedures for IT support and regularly update them according to the recent condition.
7. Is responsible for relations with third-party suppliers with regard to:
▪ Manage vendors right from the procurement of IT and IT Enabled Services / Products to processing of invoices
▪ Ensure all 3rd Party suppliers agreement have very clear SLAs support the business continuity
▪ Ensure regular governance with vendors and review adherence to agreed SLAs
▪ Have a clear vendor evaluation process and review mechanism to ensure company get the best of services / products at the best prices.
▪ Graduate in Science / BE and MBA / Post Graduate with specialization in Information Technology
▪ At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in technology, finance, payment, telco, processing or soft-ware companies
▪ 2-4 years’ experience as the Head of the Department / IT Manager in a MNCs Organization
▪ Software Development background with knowledge of API Management, Mobile Apps etc
▪ Exposure to emerging market payment solutions (E-wallets, Payments solutions using QR / NFC, e-commerce and online payment gateway integrations) will be the biggest advantage
▪ Exposure and experience in working with International Teams and in a Matrix organization.
▪ Experience of business travels outside the country will be an added advantage.
▪ Exposure to IT Infrastructure & Networks, Cloud Technologies.
▪ Professional Certification like Project Management under PMBOK or PMI will be an advantage
▪ Should have certification or exposure to ITIL v3 for Service Delivery
▪ Experience in vendor management with SLA based support model and governance around it.
▪ Ability to take reasonable decisions based on analysis of diverse data sources and to deal with am-
▪ Experience of working with overseas team, reporting to overseas manager will be a added advantage
Phone: 078 731 3626